ARAMARK Prep Cook - Lake Mead National Recreation Area in Boulder City, Nevada
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Prep Cook assists in the galley kitchen by preparing food items. Cruise Lake Mead while you work and enjoy the benefits of being part of the Lake Mead Cruises team with Aramark. This is a part-time seasonal position, with regular cruises scheduled February through November and occasional special events through December and January.
• Prepare all food items according to recipes and according to Aramark standards
• Adhere to proper food handling procedures
• Maintain proper rotation of food to assure top quality and freshness
• Collect leftovers, cover, label, and properly store according to Aramark standards
• Wash and store dishes
• Keep floors swept and mopped
• Make sure kitchen is properly cleaned, sanitized, and organized at the end of the shift (including cleaning of kitchen equipment)
• Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated areas
• Maintain a safe and sanitary work environment that conforms to all standards and regulations
• Adhere to safety policies and accident reporting procedures
• Complete all required training
• Report to work on time and in complete, clean uniform
• Perform other duties as assigned
Lifting Requirements: MEDIUM - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment: Back-of-house, boat galley kitchen. Requires frequent lifting/transporting hot food items, ability to work inside kitchen area, interact with heated equipment, steam, and other at risk conditions. Involves repetitive motion.
High School education or equivalent experience preferred.
Minimum one-year prep work or food service related work preferred.
Knowledge of food prep, proper knife handling, temperature control, and sanitation is helpful
Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others.
Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
Must maintain security clearance.
• This position is subject to pre-employment, random, and post-accident/reasonable suspicion drug testing compliant with federal Coast Guard regulations. This includes screening for marijuana and other federally regulated substances.
• Must be 18 years of age or older
• Must have or be able to obtain a Southern Nevada Health District Food Handler's Safety Training Card
• Must complete Aramark-specific ServSafe Food Handler certification post-hire
• Must not be prone to sea sickness and should be able to work in an environment that can be hot and humid at times
• Flexible scheduling required – may be scheduled for evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a team environment
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran