Food Service Associate (Correctional Services)
Ref No.: 13-00641
Company/Department: ACS at Marquette Branch Prison
Location: Marquette, Michigan
Start Date: 11/25/2013
ARAMARK is a leader in professional services, providing award-winning food services, facilities management, and uniform and career apparel to health care institutions, universities and school districts, stadiums and arenas, parks and destinations and businesses around the world. The company is recognized as one of the "World''s Most Ethical Companies " by the Ethisphere Institute, one of the "World''s Most Admired Companies " by FORTUNE magazine and one of America''s Largest Private Companies by both FORTUNE and Forbes magazines. ARAMARK seeks to responsibly address issues that matter to its clients, customers, employees and communities by focusing on employee advocacy, environmental stewardship, health and wellness, and community involvement. Headquartered in Philadelphia, ARAMARK has approximately 250,000 employees serving clients in 22 countries.
ARAMARK Correctional Services (Client) is far and away the leader in outsourced food services within the Corrections industry, preparing well over 1,000,000 meals a day for state, county and city facilities. We are perhaps best known for our food, but to be the leader you need to do more. At Client, we endeavor to Go Beyond for our clients by helping them solve the unique challenges of the corrections environment. We do this through the development of innovative programs that benefit not only the client, but also the officers, the offenders and the surrounding community. We also Go Beyond for our people by providing a foundation for professional growth and advancement through world-class training and development at every level. Client maintains an environment that encourages innovative thinking and humble confidence by nurturing and retaining the very best, talented, goal-oriented individuals who recognize the unique opportunities Client offers. Go Beyond. For You. With You.
Works in the kitchen and supervises inmate workers to ensure that food items are prepared and served in accordance with company standards. Assigns tasks to inmate workers. Instructs and trains inmate workers in methods of performing duties. This position participates in the preparation and serving of meals and food items.
* Maintain a safe, sanitary work environment, which conforms to all standards and regulations. Adhere to safety policies and follow accident reporting procedures.
* Review monthly menu and ensure that food items are available for production.
* Advise inmate workers on proper food production procedures.
* Prints and distribute recipes. Direct inmate workers in the use of ARAMARK recipes.
* Adhere to and maintain preparation and production guidelines according to company operation excellence standards by reviewing and approving production and temperature logs.
* Instruct and supervise inmate workers in food preparation and tray assembly ensuring operational excellence guidelines are followed.
* Follow proper portioning and adhere to any special dietary requirements.
* Provide timely and efficient meal service on a daily basis.
* Obtain and report accurate daily population counts.
* Assist in conducting inventory as needed.
* Adhere to security policies and procedures. Ensure storage areas are locked at all times. Ensure that all kitchen tools and equipment are returned to their designated secure area and all keys are returned.
* Follow sanitation schedule and ensure inmate workers adhere to the assignedschedule.
* Oversee cleaning of kitchen and tray assembly area and washing of kitchen utensils and equipment according to sanitary methods.
* Document accurate and complete data as required for production records.
* Properly receive and store food and food related items.
* Participate in the storage, preparation, production and assembly of meals and food items as needed.
* Ensure companys operational standards for food handling and storage are followed. Follow HACCP policies and procedures with regard to proper food handling procedures.
* Complete all required training.
* Perform other job duties as assigned.
Status & Scope:
Typically reports to a Food Service Director and/or a General Manager.Interfaces with unit management, food service associates and inmate workers on a daily basis. In addition, may have contact with vendors and State/Federal agencies.
* High school graduate.
* Minimum four years of experience in food service
* Must be able to read and write to facilitate proper communication with others. Must be able to understand and execute ARAMARK recipes, menus and accurately complete production records.
* Mathematical ability required. Must be able to perform simple mathematical calculations.
* Must maintain security clearance.
General Kitchen Equipment
Little or no travel required (less than 10%)
* Light with inmate labor - Lifting 20 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects up to 10 pounds
* Medium - Lifting 50 pounds maximum with frequent lifting and/or carrying objects weighing up to 25 pounds
Apply by creating/using account
Aramark is an