ARAMARK Assistant Manager, Retail - Aramark Canada in Moncton, New Brunswick
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World’s Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com at http://www.aramark.com/ or connect with us on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/aramark and Twitter at http://www.twitter.com/aramark .
We are currently expanding Aramark operations at the Greater International Moncton Airport and are looking to add an Assistant Manager, Retail to our team. Reporting to the Food Service Director, the Assistant Manager of Retail is responsible for providing operational assistance by overseeing all activities and supervising and directing all supervisory and front line employees in the unit(s).
• Ensure adherence to Franchised Brand Standards.
• Supervise and coordinate the activities within operation
• Assist with hiring, training, coaching of employees
• Supervise, motivate and encourage staff to ensure they are providing excellent customer service.
• Perform component opening and closing procedures
• Perform and monitor cash handling procedures; prepare cash floats and deposits
• Assist with performing weekly inventory and ordering food products for the location
• Record and analyze financial data on; Customer Accounts, Average Check, Food/Labour Costs
• Ensure adherence to all H&S policies, procedures and required activities (i.e. updated safety boards, inventory on First Aid Kits, proper chemical handling, monthly safety talks etc.)
• Ensure daily temperature logs are kept on fridges and freezers
• Ensure staff adherence to Aramark policies and procedures
• Motivate and encourage staff and ensure customer service standards are maintained
• Monitor Equipment repair and maintenance
• Responsible for making sure the daily operation of the component are running smoothly with the understanding that there will be times when you’ll have to “jump in” and assist staff
• Assist with developing and maintaining staff job routines and schedules and covering call offs
• At least 2-3 years of supervisory/managerial experience in a fast paced food service environment
• Previous experience working as a supervisor or Manager in a Tim Hortons operation would be an asset
• Demonstrated experience in a Franchise location an asset
• Previous management experience working for a national retail food brand or a franchise location would be an asset
• Inventory control and cash handling experience required
• Knowledge of employment standards and health and safety legislation
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact with staff and customers in a mature and professional manner
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Positive attitude and genuine customer focus orientation
• Must be willing to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings and weekends
Aramark is an EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION employer – Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran